THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
THE AVID DISSECTION OF FILM ...WITH SHARP SCALPEL AND SHARPER WIT

01 March 2010

Meat Beat Manifesto



There's no thief like a bad movie. ~Sam Ewing



I have been embedded in the cinema experience since I was a wee lad. My first movie was "Coal Miner's Daughter." I was 12 months old, but apparently I liked it. My mother said I only shat once. That day a shitting moviehound was made, and i haven't stopped yet.

I am what many would consider a movie snob. It's true.

I am considerably picky when it comes to fine cinema. I know everything isn't going to be a Citizen Kane or a Being John Malkovich, but it doesn't have to make me want to rip out my fucking retinas and wish to god i had been aborted. Is that too much to ask?

But a great movie is better than sex. The story is emotive and passionate, the players are expressive and approachable, the cinematography and direction are articulate and poetic, with great mise en scene and scope. This is what I live for.

What i wouldn't do to watch the Matrix, Grand Illusion, and Magnolia again, for the first time!

Then I came across this,



and it hit me like a bolt of lightning.

This book was written for me. Not in the way some fucking teenage girl feels after reading Twilight and can relate to the travesty of unrequited love of an immortal. No, Mrs Solomons and Schneider personally compiled this book, and fatefully led me to it with a note stating:


Dear Beloved Wezul,
We know how much of a dick you can be
if you're unable to get your fill of good
movies. Here you go. This should
keep you busy for a while.
Love,
Authors.

P.S. Don't be such a douchebag.

So here's my mission, if I choose to accept it. Watch all 1001 movies and give my thoughts, interpretations, memories, reviews, and ramblings on them. Many of these are tried and true Classics that are already part of my permanent collection (*cough cough* MovieSnob). Some are ones I've always meant to see, but hadn't gotten around to it. Some of these are, dare I say it, CRAP!
Nonetheless, I will try my damnedest to scour all the sources made available to me to watch them all. All I ask from my readers (if I get any) is to be patient with me. I am a full-time student, a full-time employee, a full-time boyfriend, and a full-time parent. There will be times these posts come quickly and smoothly. There will be times that life just has to come before the movies. (I know, it brings a tear to my eye as well.)

So come along, fellow Cinephiles, to the Wonderful, Wacky World of Wezul's FILMECTOMY.



0 Rants:

Related Posts with Thumbnails