THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
THE AVID DISSECTION OF FILM ...WITH SHARP SCALPEL AND SHARPER WIT

23 March 2010

Top Fifteen: Robots

I love robots. I love robots so much, I have a tattoo of one disassembled on my right calf. To commemorate my affinity for robots, here's my latest Top Fifteen -- the Top Fifteen Robots in movies. From now on, though, all the Top Fifteen will be listed in descending order. You know, for the suspense of it all.




#15 Optimus Prime
Transformers: the Movie

Micheal Bay has nothing on the animated original.



#14 Johnny 5
Short Circuit, Short Circuit 2

One of my favorite movies as a child, and has surprisingly held up.




#13 Gerty
Moon

Like HAL 9000, only helpful.




#12 David
A.I.:Artificial Intelligence

Kubrick + Speilburg + Pinocchio = awesome!




#11 Andrew
Bicentennial Man

One of Robin William's least appreciated roles.




#10 T-800
the Terminator series

The future is now, and it wants you dead.




#9 Borg Queen
Star Trek: First Contact

I love what you've done with your hair.




#8 Ash
Alien

Ian Holm is definitely one of my all-time favorite actors.




#7 Data
Star Trek 7-10

Leave it to an android to help us understand what being human really is.




#6 Edward Scissorhands
Edward Scissorhands

Remember, Vincent Price's character was known as "the Inventor."




#5 Wall-E
Wall-E

Pixar's cautionary tale of our destroyed planet wouldn't have been as bittersweet without our lovable hero.




#4 R2D2
the Star Wars series

Luke Skywalker bought a walking trash can, and the rest was intergalactic history.




#3 Agent Smith
the Matrix series

I suppose the sentinels are technically the robots, but their Matrix persona made the series.




#2 Iron Giant
Iron Giant

Brad Bird's pre-Pixar pulp masterpiece.




#1 False Maria
Metropolis

The great silent science fiction epic has been copied many times, but never outdone. 





0 Rants:

Related Posts with Thumbnails