THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
THE AVID DISSECTION OF FILM ...WITH SHARP SCALPEL AND SHARPER WIT

22 March 2010

Music Monday Debut

So  I'm trying something new this morning. My girlfriend is also a fellow blogger, and she participates in "blog hops." Now, I've tried my damnedest to find some blog hops that pertain to movies. Alas, I have found none.

BUT . . . I found one about music. Music and movies go together like PB & J, like Forrest and Jenny, like Martin Van Buren and those GREAT fucking chops of his. So I didn't think it would be too much of a stretch to incorporate this little addition into my blog.

P.S. The girlfriend's blog is here. (Man, I'm so gonna get laid.)

~Coolest President Ever! (those Chops, man. those Chops)~



I decided to start my Music Monday with a video from one of my favorite artists. Many directors get their start in the music video business. It's easier to make a name for yourself (and to get funding) making 4 minutes movies, then 104 minute ones. This director, however, started by staring in music videos. Rob Zombie became a household name being the frontman for a little band called White Zombie (which also happens to be a Bela Lugosi movie from the thirties -- the movie shit never stops flowing, does it). He directed the psychedelic desert scene in the feel-good buddy movie Beavis & Butthead Do America, but his full-length feature debut was the insanely fucked-up House of 1000 Corpses. That was followed with a sequel. Then he re-invented the Michael Myers story in his Halloween, followed by a sequel.

But this is Music Monday. I chose Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Groovy) from Rob's solo debut, mostly because it's a kick-ass song, but also because the video is an homage to Stanley Kubrick's ultra-violent masterpiece, A Clockwork Orange.

Hope you enjoy.










Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

2 Rants:

Elara said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog, CelebSquare. Awesome song for your Music Monday debut! :)

Cakeblast said...

Great song - I used to love Rob Zombie, and I saw him in concert when White Zombie was still together. My tastes have changed with age to bands with less screaming, but I know a little bit of Zombie will always be in my heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails